Total of 5-1/2 man-hours working at the North Campridge cemetery on 6.27.10.
The following tasks were accomplished:
1. RISDON, Sally. Washed with ammonia and water. Note: I reported the name in error as "Bisdon" in the last report.
2. RISDON, John. Died Apr 12, 1862, AE 82 yrs. Marble. Straightened in place, filled with pea stone. Washed. Both of the above stones have been scratched by mowing equipment.
3. WHITNEY, Lorenzo (letter 'z' is backward). Died Jan 8, 1886, AE 75 yrs. Malinda his wife died May 22, 1852 AE 28 yrs. Mahala his wife died Apr 25, 1871, AE 45 yrs. Marble vertical tablet, no base, 4th from S. end. Photos 015, 017. Stone was set approx 1 foot out of line to the E. (see Photo 016 background). Dug down 1 foot, re-set stone back in line on 3" layer of pea stone, filled remainder with same and replaced sod. Washed.
4. FULLINGTON, Ezekiel. Died Aug 23, 1878 AE 78 yrs. DEMING, Julia, wife of Ezekiel Fullington, died Apr 23, 1875, AE 75 yrs. Marble headstone, 5th from end, fairly clean condition. Straightened upright in place, filled void with pea stone to grade and brushed off loose lichens. Photo 019.
5. CELENDA, wife of Samuel Kinsley. Died Aug 31, 1870 (broken off below this point) AE 92 yrs 9 mos (on bottom piece). 6th from end. Marble, was flat on ground. Excavated 10" and re-set both pieces, with top butted against the (buried) broken bottom. Filled nearly to grade with pea stone, added topsoil. Washed with ammonia and water. Photo 018.
For your administrative records, the round-trip distance from our house to the cemetery is 44 miles.
Cemetery Work Report for 6/25/10
1. CHASE, Philip Howard. Repaired chipped upper left corner of granite stone with JB Weld. Photos 006 and 008.
2. THOMPSON, Henry. Died May 25, 1881. 6th row, South end. Vertical tablet, marble, poor condition, broken at ground level. Numerous broken shards noted below grade. Washed and brushed it with ammonia and water. Excavated to 1-foot depth and re-set base on 3" of pea stone. Re-set top of tablet against base. Buried shards in front and filled to grade with pea stone.
Photo 007 (before) and
photo 010 (after). Put excess earth in depression nearby behind RICE, Franklin.
3. UNKNOWN. Marble tablet to left of Henry Thompson. No inscription legible. Washed with ammonia and water and re-set. Photos 009 and 010.
4. UNKNOWN. Row 7, third from S. end. Broken marble tablet, no remaining inscription. Washed w/ ammonia and water. Excavated to 8" depth, re-set top and base against each other on 3" bed of pea stone. Filled to grade with gravel. Photo 011.
5. UNKNOWN. Row 7, 2nd from S. end. Broken, leaning tablet. Straightened and added gravel both sides.
6. DAVIS, L. Dec. 30, 1861. Row 8, S. end. Hand-lettered slate tablet. Unbroken, but leaning. Excavated to 1' depth and re-set tablet in pea stone. Photos 012, 013, 014.
7. SALLY, Wife of John Bisdon. Died May 17, 1867, AE 77 yrs. Adjacent to DAVIS, L. Vertical marble tablet, no base. Straightened in place and filled with pea stone. Photos 013, 014.